Content is king, create the content, the design should work around the content.
Aspects that should influence design:
- Audience (Age, Race, Gender, Cultural Niche)
- Tone (Casual, Formal, Friendly, Sarcastic)
- Purpose (Infromational, Conversational)
- Don’t choose two fonts from the same style (e.g. two fonts that are both humanist serif).
- Don’t choose two fonts from the same class (e.g. two fonts that are both seri).
- When mixing classes find a similar trait (e.g. using two fonts that share one thing in commong, but are otherwise different).
- Strive for contrast over harmony.
- Leading is the amount of space between lines.
- Good leading is around 120-150% of the body copy size (e.g. line-height: 1.5)