As things near their due date you would expect them to move into Adaptive or Conversationl. Work in Chaos or Emergent are typically further off.
- High uncertainty of requirements, low team understanding.
- Possibly epics only, some features perhaps.
- High degree of change is prevalent.
- High BA understanding and some team involvement.
- Requirements are still emerging and uncertain.
- Features are mostly known and prioritised, high level sizing is done.
- A rough guideline to the approach to be taken for MMP/MVP and a proposed Road Map
- Team has a good understanding of business value, requirements and have the ability to decompose features into stories.
- Most stories are present and are sized.
- There may be some uncertainty in some stories and those questions are answered adequately.
- Story grooming is regular, dependencies are known.
- High team understanding and high certainty of requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Stories are discussed conversationally, story grooming is on ad hoc basis, backlog is “self-healing”.
- Definition of DONE is in align with PO expectations.