Benefits of async comms
- Use people from all over the world
- Reduced interruptions means more focus ond productivity
- Allows people to think out responses properly
Key tips when sending async comms
- Have a concrete need. What do you want to get out of the task. Make that clear.
- Start with a headline, then provide more detail following
- Always provide enough information - think of all possible questions people might have and provide detailed information following headline.
- Set a deadline by when you need a response - let everyone know when you need a response by
Key tips for working with async comms
- Control your notifications - turn off immediate response notifications
- Let people discover your response rate - people need to know when you are offline and when they can expect a response from you
- Give people a way to get hold of you in emergencies - always allow how they can notify you if something is urgent and requires an immediate response
The Complete Guide to Asynchronous Communication in Remote Teams